I got a call from a customer that said they could not reach the ASDM when trying to get in and do some management of the firewall. I got in and looked and noticed nothing really unusual. HTTP server was enabled and had and IP range on the inside of the network that was allowed to access it via HTTP. However, what I did see was that the image on disk0: was not the same name as the configured image name:
ASA5520# show disk0:
--#-- --length-- -----date/time------ path
80 18927088 Jun 07 2012 03:20:34 asdm-649.bin
10 4096 Jul 16 2011 03:15:52 crypto_archive
81 15261696 Aug 01 2011 06:48:32 asa824-k8.bin
83 4096 Sep 10 2011 03:52:16 tmp
Whereas the configuration stated the following:
asdm image disk0:/asdm-642.bin
Ah, the difference on one number of the version made the difference. Once I configured the correct version (649), all started working as the customer expected.
Post a Comment
Your comment will be reviewed for approval. Thank you for submitting your comments.