I got a call from a customer that was having fiber problems between floors of a building the other day. He was out of town and asked me to go take a look into it. GBICs looked good when you looped them back on each side of the Brocades, so the problem had to be the fiber. I got the director to shine his phone flashlight (which is a cool tool these days) through the fiber strands and this is what I found in the below picture. So I rearranged to the good strands and all was working again. Im not sure what happened before I got onsite, but I do know that they share a closet with another company. Who knows, but Im glad they are back to good.
Post a Comment
Your comment will be reviewed for approval. Thank you for submitting your comments.